Having spent the last three days going through the regulations and trying to source the required PPE equipment, it has become apparent that we are a long way off from opening as normal. The furlough regulations also complicate our partial opening.
This is the current situation:
• We will open on Monday the 8th June and Tuesday the 9th June to treat emergencies only. The type of treatment that we can deliver is highly restricted, so it may only be temporary (holding) treatment.
• Both days will be reduced hours from 9am until 4pm (not our normal opening hours).
• We will contact all of the patients who have called with problems during the lockdown to arrange an appointment. There will be pre-screening questions and a strict protocol for patients entering the practice.
• Patients will not be seen without an appointment. Please do not turn up at the practice – you will not be seen.
• If you have had a dental problem but not called to speak with Jeremy, or if you have had telephone advice but not been contacted by Monday 8th June, please call or email the practice.
• All routine dental appointments that had been arranged for this year (2020) have been cancelled. Please remove any future appointment dates from your diary.
• Patients who are given emergency appointments will have to follow a strict protocol. Final details are being decided at the moment but please expect:
• You will not be allowed to wait in the practice. We advise you to arrive a little early but please wait in your car or outside the practice. Please ring the bell at the designated time of your appointment and we should be able to take you straight through to the surgery.
• To avoid contact within the practice, appointment scheduling is critical. If you arrive late, we regret that we may not be able to see you.
• Do not bring anyone with you into the building. No one will be allowed to wait inside.
• Do not bring any bags or coats/jackets into the practice.
• WC facilities will be closed for access, so please make sure you use home facilities before leaving.
• From Wednesday 10th June the practice will go back into lockdown mode with telephone advice only. This will remain until further notice.
This is disappointing news, but at least we will be able to sort out emergency care for our patients.
Jeremy and the teamBack to Blog
“A lovely dental practice, is easy to access and great parking. Had my Invisalign treatment here, Dr Mumtaz was friendly,…”
“I have recently joined Dental Excellence and used their services for both my daughter and myself. Both Mumtaz and Stephanie…”
“Lovely dental practice, easy to find with ample parking nearby. I would highly recommended Dr. Morteza and Dr. Mumtaz, their…”
“Best dental service ever! Dr mazinanian is one of the best dentists in london by far, so happy that they…”
“My treatment at Dental Excellence in Chalfont St Giles has been exceptional since I required emergency treatment, handled with great…”