5 Great Facts About….. Smiling!
Here are five great reasons why you should start smiling more today!!!!
Back to Blog
- Smiling is our first facial expression – it has been shown that babies smile in the womb, and most people think that once born, it takes a few weeks for that first smile, which is true if you do not count smiles in their sleep. Babies start smiling in their sleep as soon as they are born.
- Smiling is contagious- When someone is having a bad day, pay them a compliment with a smile. Or simply smile at a stranger in the street, you will be amazed at how many smile back and at how great it makes you both feel. The double-duty mood boosting effect will turn their day around for sure.
- Smilers live longer, have better health and better moods – smiling releases mood enhancing endorphins which are very powerful at increasing your sense of happiness and wellbeing. In turn, studies show that happy people live longer as they are said to have a more relaxed outlook on life.
- Smiling is a universal sign of happiness – Language may be a barrier, but facial expressions like a smile, pass through anywhere you travel and is recognised by nearly everyone.
- Smiling can help you get promoted– Those who smile tend to be thought of as having more confidence and sociable. Smiling is also a sign of positivity, therefore managers view these people as having what it takes to move up in the workplace.